1. Introduce yourself to everyone. Hello my name is Alphonso Settles I’m an actor from Detroit, Michigan
2. How was growing up in Detroit as a black man?
Growing up in Detroit was difficult at times but I don’t think growing up anywhere is easy, you have to find your way and find out who you are as a person.
3. What led you into the field of acting?
I started modeling first then that open the door for me to get into acting
4. Do you ever get angry text for the roles you play on the big screen?
I get a ton of positive hate as I call it lol, they draw comparisons of me character Jai to the Laurence Fishburne character Ike Turner.
5. Where do you see yourself in 6 years as it relates to black media?
As far as the black media is concerned I’m hoping to be a household name and a recognizable face
6. Would you consider yourself a sex symbol?
I don’t really consider myself a sex symbol but I have been told that I am.
7. I understand you played ball back in the day.
I did play semi-pro basketball ball back in the day, that was my first love and passion.
8. What advice do you have for anyone wanting to get into acting?
Advice I’d give to people trying to get into this industry is be serious about it, take classes and see what happens from there, it takes a long time to make money, get fame and notoriety in this business.
I'll save the juicy questions for the radio interview.
Leave a Reply.
__WHAT IS CHOCLATE CITY RADIO